Saturday, June 21, 2008

water on mars!

Video Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/University of Arizona/Texas A&M University (here)

Or better, ice on mars..

These two pictures were taken at different times, and the small "balls" in the lower left corner disappear. The (only?) possible explanation is that it's ice!!

[edit] Our host "blogspot.com" will not display animated gif's. So what you see above is just one frame, go here for the animation [/edit]

Now the objective is to catch some of those and analyze them... aren't you curious?

Here is a color version and here the official announcement from NASA.

And here are some other really impressive pictures from Mars... seriously, take a look.


p.s. I don't know what the copyright is for this image. I put the source beneath the image (and I hope no one thought it was my own work ;-) and think that this is better than deep linking. But since this is a shared-blog if you feel I should take it off or something else just tell me.

No comments: