Tuesday, June 17, 2008

cached sun clip


The previous post reminded me of a quote I read time ago.
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers."
Oscar Wilde
At first sight it may sound just cynical, or a phrase from someone trying to surprise with an uncommon thought.

But time after time I have found it just plain true, so true.

We need dreams, hopes and wishes, but I think we need them in their own world, where they can continue to be perfect. The clash that we experience when we try to bring them into our imperfect real world can indeed be a punishment. But is it always so? No, I hope not..

Maybe one should wish to find a wish that can become true and remain a wish.

Ah, and welcome to our weblog! ;-)

1 comment:

Lusine said...

Once I read that when we pray wishing something and God doesn't make our wishes become true, we cry complaining that the life is unfair and God decides to make true our wishes and then we understand... that we didn't need it and now pray just for the opposite...
But life is a chain of dreams, wishes, prayers, disappointments, tears... so let always have dreams...
and always believe our dreams