Friday, June 20, 2008

A piece of my country
















These are the places that I like at most in my country.
The first is Khor Virap. This is the place that you have an illusion that Ararat is just in a few meters. And I have a stupid dream (as I know it never will become true) not to take a picture from Armenia to Ararat, but from the top of Ararat to the side of Armenia...
The second one is Noravanq (monastery of 12-th century) where the human made architecture competes with the architecture of the nature.

2 comments:

michele said...

very impressive...

I would like to visit those places, they look very mystical to me.

Trying to fill my incredible gaps I found this description of an ascent of Mt. Ararat in 1890 (circa).

I still have some doubts on one or two issues, but I'll ask you in person (don't want to look too stupid)!!

Alex B. said...

These places are wonderful.
I love very much mountain panoramas, and I love old buildings, like monasteries, castles, and strongholds.

You are right Michele, they look mystical, and I would like to see them one day.